Father of 2006 GUS Winner Unaware of Son’s Death

0
218

Two days after unknown gun men killed the winner of 2006 Guilder Ultimate Search, GUS, reality TV, Season 3, Hector Oluwasean Joberteh, in his apartment at New Oko-Oba, Lagos, his 72 year-old father, who was also shot during the encounter, is said to be unaware of his son’s death.  The father is recuperating at the Gbagada General Hospital, as doctors are battling to remove pellets of bullets lodged in his right hand.

This came as operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Ikeja, Lagos, who took over investigations into the murder of the Gulder Ultimate Search winner, Monday, succeeded in recovering one of the killer-weapons abandoned at the scene of the crime. Three suspects had earlier been arrested by police after the victim who was shot dead around 8 a.m. on Sunday, September 3, 2017, by two gunmen, who stormed his 8, Olufowora Street, New Oko-Oba, apartment and opened fire on him and his 72-year-old father.

 

Hector was confirmed dead by doctors at Ayodele Medical Centre, where he and his father were rushed to after the incident.  His father was later transferred to Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos, where doctors are making attempts to extract bullets from his injuries.

 

A source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, disclosed that the gunmen gained entrance into Hector’s apartment from the kitchen door which was behind the house.  The source explained that Hector and his brother, Victor, were in their living room when the gunmen invaded the apartment.  They were said to have found Hector sitting on a couch, while his brother was lying on the floor.  The gunmen were said to have pointed a gun at Hector and asked him to hand over a bag he had in the house.

The source added that while Hector was trying to explain to the gunmen that he had no bag containing any money with a gun pointed at him, his father came in, saw what was happening.  He was said to have confronted the gunmen and told them that his son was not a thief and they should take the gun off him.  One of the gunmen was said to have gotten angry and shot the septuagenarian, while the other one fired two more shots at Hector before escaping with one of the bags in the apartment.

READ ALSO:  Ethiopia Initiates 4b Tree-planting Programme To Boost Green Legacy

The late reality star’s younger brother, Victor, who spoke over the incident, expressed displeasure over the stories that have been reported on the incident.  He said he was currently making preparations for his brother’s burial, which he said would be on September 7, 2017, noting “I cannot talk to the press now because I am not happy with the stories I have been reading over this incident.  Journalists have not made efforts to verify from me what actually happened and they have just been speculating. I will give the entire story when I am free. Right now, I am very busy; my father is in the hospital carrying the bullets fired in his arm. I want to see that he gets an operation and have the bullet removed and I also want to bury my brother, may be tomorrow. 

 

I have to go to the police station and the mortuary and perfect all this. So, I do not have time, but I will tell the world all that transpired since it was my late brother, my dad and I, who were in the house when the gunmen came,” he added.  It was, however, gathered from one of the relations at the hospital that their septuagenarian father, who was bleeding profusely from the wound on his right hand had his hand bandaged only while all efforts made so far to make doctors at the hospital give him immediate medical attention by removing the pellets still lodged inside his body failed.

POLICE RECOVER ABANDONED WEAPON
Meanwhile, operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, who were drafted to take over investigations into the incident by the new Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgar, swung into action and succeeded in recovering one of the killer-weapons used by the gun men.  Police sources said they were also able to recover some other vital documents that may lead to the arrest of the killers, who were said to be two.

READ ALSO:  Man Loses Life After Winning N11m Naijabet In Nasarawa

Sources revealed that the operatives, who were directed by the Commissioner of Police to wrap up the case within one week, are already working on the theory that his killers may be after a yet-to-be known vital package inside the only bag they removed from the scene.  It was also gathered that operatives are stretching their dragnets not only around his known friends and other business associates.