The Federal Government has confirmed that there is no going back on the January 18 resumption date for schools in the country.
Last week, Adamu Adamu, the Minister of Education, announced that the government was reviewing the January 18 date due to the increasing number of confirmed COVID19 cases in the country.
However, a statement released by Ben Bem Goong, the spokesperson of the Ministry Thursday, January 14, said the Minister, Governors, Commissioners, and other stakeholders in the education sector have agreed for the re-opening of the schools on the said date.
Goong advised schools to comply with COVID-19 protocols especially strict adherence to non-pharmaceutical procedures.
These, according to him, include wearing of face masks, social distancing and avoiding overcrowding, availability of functional health clinics for isolation and transportation of suspected cases, among others.