In what appears a mega-fight in boxing in the British history, Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury are ready to grind axe for the undisputed, titled match.
Joshua has confirmed that his highly anticipated undisputed showdown with Tyson Fury will hold in June.
The British-Nigerian boxer, 31, who defeated Kubrat Pulev in December, will stake his WBC, WBA, WBO, and IBF belts on the line for the biggest British fight of all time.
Anthony Joshua’s £200 million fight with Tyson Fury could be signed as early as next week.
“June should be the date,’ Joshua said during a JD Sports live stream on Sunday. ‘Trust me. For the fans, for the people that have been calling it on for many, many months.
‘Shoutout to Fury and his team as well, hungry go-getters, that’s what we are. UK stand up. And to the world, we’re bringing it.
‘I can’t wait. Undisputed.’
This comes after Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn assured fans that the fight is definitely on.
‘Tyson Fury’s gonna get his wish. We are in, we are in,’ he told Boxing Social last week.
‘Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. The undisputed king is going to be Anthony Joshua and this fight will happen.
‘This fight is on, trust me.’
Meanwhile, Tyson Fury has admitted his readiness to move on from British rival Anthony Joshua and hopes to fight by the end of the spring.
The WBC heavyweight champion has grown frustrated by the lack of progress in getting the Joshua battle over the line.
Fury is now hoping his promoters at Top Rank will arrange an outing soon as talks over an undisputed clash continue to stall.
”The Gypsy King’ was due to fight in December. Due to mediation involving former opponent Deontay Wilder, this fell apart.
“It was just a big mess-up. I should have boxed,” Fury told ESPN on his failed outing. “I’ve been so inactive. I’ve been out for over a year.
“By the time I fight again, looking at maybe June if this Joshua fight happens, that will be a year and six months out of the ring. “This is not ideal preparation for any super-fight.”